- Buddha Ruksa - Great Thai restaurant. On Fauntleroy just southwest of the intersection with 35th Ave.
- Ephesus - Turkish restaurant. Three blocks south of the Alaska Junction. Wonderful meals.
- Ho Win - reasonable Chinese take-out. On west side of California a few blocks north of the Morgan Street Junction.
- Jaks - Great steak and cocktails place. Seating is first come first serve. Just north of "The Junction" (California Ave. and Alaska St.)
- Kamei - Sushi and Teriyaki. Great service and great food.
- Luna Park - a diner with lots of fun, retro artifacts. Fantastic milkshakes and ice cream sundaes. Reasonable breakfast. Fair lunch and dinner.
- O2 - in the former location of Ovio Bistro, on California Avenue, about halfway between the Alaska and Admiral junctions. A neighborhood (casual) place, with excellent, eclectic food.
- Mashiko Sushi and Japanese food in a non-traditional friendly neighborhood place. A half block south of the Alaska Junction.
- Pegasus Pizza - Good pizza and really nice dinner salads. On Alki Beach.
- Pepperdocks - Very good burgers, pretty good ice cream and shakes.
- Salty's on Alki Beach - Nice seafood place with one of the best views in town (looking across Elliott Bay to downtown Seattle). Decadent (but expensive) Sunday brunch. Good for happy hour on a warm day, too, if you can get a seat on the patio.
- Seattle Teriyaki - Very good family-operated teriyaki takeout on Fauntleroy Way SW just southwest of the intersection with 35th Ave SW.
- Taquiera Guaymas - Small chain of cantina-style Mexican food. One is south of the Alaska Junction on the west side of California.
- Westwood Shopping Center - undergoing extensive remodeling project. Barnes & Noble opening there in late 2005.
- West Seattle Metropolitan Market - One of the nicer supermarkets in town, in the Admiral District just off the West Seattle Bridge.
- Lincoln Park - Fun to hike around, with great views of the Sound. Colman Pool, open in the summer, is a heated saltwater pool that sits right on the beach.
- Longfellow Creek - Project which includes cleanup/restoration. There's a trail that runs up and down the length of the creek. Some parts of the trail are genuine trail through forested areas along the creek, while others are just marked parts of city streets.
- Fauntleroy Creek
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.