Seattle has a nice assortment of beaches on Lake Washington and on Puget Sound. Some of these beaches have lifeguards, restrooms, etc, while others are just little strips of sand with not much else. Check the external links for more information on some of the more popular beaches.
There currently is a collaborative movement in Seattle to have more opportunity for clothing-optional use of local beaches.
Lake Washington beaches[edit | edit source]
- Madison Park beach is located where Madison Ave meets the lake in the Madison Valley neighborhood. There's a nice grassy area for sunbathing, restrooms, and a diving board with diving boards.
- Denny Blaine beach is located on Lake Washington Blvd and Denny Blaine street. No facilities or life guards.
- Howell beach is located on Lake Washington Blvd and Howell Pl. Very small beach; some nudists are not unusual, especially on warm sunny days.
Puget Sound beaches[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Seattle Parks and Recreation - Swimming beaches
- Seattle Free Beach Campaign - SeattleBeaches.org For clothing-optional beaches
- Seattle Beaches page at Naked Wikia Shows multiple efforts and events by different groups around the Pacific Northwest
- Places in Wasthington State with a history of nudity, with an emphasis on beaches
- Seattle Beaches Yahoo! discussion group For clothing-optional beaches
- Washington State beach map and health status for King County