The coffee shop is kind of a "lounge area" where anyone can ask questions about the site or anything else, and anyone else should feel free to respond. Here we can also discuss what SeattleWiki should be.
Dicussions moved to other pages
- SeattleWiki copyleft license discussion
- Relationship with Wikipedia - sharing articles and links between Wikipedia and Seattlewiki and vice-versa
- Special:Upload has a dead link to an image use policy. In particular, I was trying to look up the licensing situation for images. There are certainly over 1,000 (maybe over 2,000) Seattle images I've released under GFDL on Wikimedia Commons. I'd be glad to release them under another license that still requires attribution, but not under a license that allows reuse without attribution. Is there a way we can make that work here?
- Also, I was wondering: now that this is on Wikia, is there any reason not to upload the best available resolution of photos? - Jmabel 04:55, 29 April 2007 (UTC)
- Now that we are on Wikia, the license has changed to GFDL. Hopefully that won't cause issues with any the contributors. So if you have other text or images released under the GFDL, it should be fine to use them here. And yeah I don't see any reason to not upload high-res photos. -- matias (talk) 17:59, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
Special:Upload still has a dead link to an image use policy. I recently uploaded three images of 1993 Seattle graffiti; the uploads appeared to be successful but when I tried to use the images at Graffiti, no dice. Any clues? - Jmabel 06:29, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
Similar problems with uploading the images at Bone Cellar. They don't show up in the article, but the underlying images seem to be fine. Can someone please look into this? There has really been no response to the issue that I raised a month ago. - Jmabel 06:02, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
I recently tried to send Matias an email and got an error message saying I had to be logged in and to have an email address in my preferences. I was logged in. I have an email address in my preferences. What gives? - Jmabel 19:29, 14 November 2007 (UTC)