Wednesday, Sept 26
The PeaceWorks Park vigil at Gas Works Park is one month old.
|Wednesday, Sept 26 at PeaceWorks Park (Gas Works Park)|
noon & 7pm
Agenda (for both the noon and 7pm workshops)
The progress of events in the Persian Gulf
We have been here a month partly because the vigil is strong, but also because the Persian Gulf crisis lingers on at the same level which inspired the vigil in the first place.
- Help end the Gulf Crisis peaceably
- Free-speech zone
- Steward the park
- Spiritual center
- Democracy/"people power"
- other goals
Who is the vigil?
- Should a distinction be drawn between vigilists and hangers on?
- Should a distinction be drawn between people who abide by a sobriety standard and those who refuse to do so?
- Have we been "forming a culture" that excludes people we need to include?
What can each of us do to move toward our goals?
- making the vigil run better and stronger
- dealing with drug problems in our midst
- organizing events
- outreach and liaison
- outside the vigil proper
What should we as a group do differently?
- Is there too much of a party and too little of a political or spiritual event?
- Clarifying views on amplified music
What isn't happening that ought to?
The future of the vigil
- near-term changes
- facing winter
- can we keep going in the park?
- what alternatives do we have?
- beyond the Gulf crisis to a lasting group
- Do we need an office?
Come to speak and listen! Write down thoughts & ideas, circulate them.