Seattle Area Community Supported Agriculture Edit
Community Supported Agriculture programs allow you to buy fresh produce directly from local farmers. Most such programs are run by organic farms and feature top quality local organic produce. Some programs deliver boxes of produce to your door. Others drop them at a central location to be picked up. Some programs require you to purchase a seasonal share, others allow you to sign up for boxes on a week by week basis. Advantages to joining a CSA program include better prices, a wider variety of produce than is available at most markets, farm fresh seasonal produce, and helping to sustain local small scale organic farming.
Local CSA programs include:
- Full Circle Farm Located in Carnation in the Snoqualmie Valley. Features week-by-week subscriptions, modifiable box content. Flexible subscription sizes, frequencies. Delivers to central drop off points.
- Oxbow Farm Located in Carnation. Small and family-sized share. Delivers to drop-off points around King County. Add-ons from local partners including fruit, granola, mushrooms, coffee, jams, and more. Free family harvest party for CSA members in September.
- Willie Green's Organic Farm Located in Monroe. Features full or half shares and fixed box content. Delivers to central drop off points.
- Nature's Last Stand Located in Carnation in the Snoqualmie Valley. Features week-by-week subscriptions, flexible box content, sizes, frequencies. Delivers to your door.
- Boistfort Valley Farm Located in Curtis, WA. Cultivates nearly 50 acres of organic vegetables, herbs and cut flowers; for local farmers markets and CSA subscribers, as well as select retailers and restaurants. Serves locations in Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Centralia and Chehalis each week, from June to November.
- Jubilee Biodynamic Farm Inc. Located in Carnation in the Snoqualmie Valley. Erick and Wendy Haakenson serve the greater Seattle community by providing wholesome, delicious food—from organic fruit and vegetables to grass fed beef—grown on the land where they live a in Carnation, Washington.
- Local Roots Farm Located near Duvall in the Snoqualmie Valley. Jason and Siri offer a seasonal vegetable CSA. All CSA produce is grown on the farm. Delivery to pickup locations throughout Seattle, or pickup on the farm.
- Coffee Creek Community and Gardens Located in Centralia, Coffee Creek is a small organic farm that offers CSA deliveries to drop-off sites in Olympia, Tacoma and Seattle. CSA options include whole chickens, chicken eggs, produce and preserves.