This web page is for collecting information about how Bainbridge Island and the surrounding area can prepare for a future without oil.
I hope to collect community knowledge about survival skills, agriculture, sustainable communities, and specific plans for how we, as a community in the Pacific Northwest, can plan for the post-oil era.
Please add links in the following categories (and add more categories if you need to):
Information about the post-oil era
- Seattle Peak Oil Awareness
- Global Public Media: Public service broadcasting for a post carbon world
- Life after the Oil Crash Lots of great information about the Oil Crash
This section contains links to interviews with people knowledgeable about the coming oil crash.
- Matthew R. Simmons, Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy
- Interview with Colin Campbell: The Decline of the Petroleum Age
- Sustainable Seattle - I haven't yet found a whole lot of real information on this site, but it is a group in Seattle, so I wanted to list it here.
- Walkable Communities - this group isn't Seattle based, but they have a ton of great information on the site.
- Wolf Camp - this is a Seattle-based group that teaches outdoor and survival skills